Vice President Biden is meeting with House members today to talk about stopping gun violence, on the one month anniversary of the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn. Biden will deliver his recommendations for reducing gun violence to the president on Tuesday. Yesterday, Newtown residents met at a town hall to figure out what to do with the elementary school where a gunman killed 20 students and six educators – to either tear down or re-open the school.
- President’s last news conference of his first term to give remarks about the debt ceiling.
- House Republicans want government shutdown
- Colin Powell on Meet the Press: Republicans have “an identity problem”
- George H.W. Bush to be released from Houston hospital later today.
- Booker not ruling out NJ Senate run
- ‘Argo’ and ‘Les Miserables’ take Golden Globes