President Obama has a long to-do list for his second term, and met with Senate Democrats on Wednesday to discuss his strategy to pass immigration reform, gun control and budget decisions. White House press secretary Jay Carney said the meeting was focused on aligning the Democratic senators’ priorities with the administration’s agenda. While meeting with lawmakers at the retreat, the president also pitched his proposal to avert the spending cuts set to affect the military, domestic programs and the economy starting March 1.
- Boy Scouts have delayed vote on no-gay policy
- NRA published an “enemies list” back in September
- Obama to tape REI CEO Sally Jewel to head the Interior Dept
- Why the Postal Service plans to cut Saturday mail delivery
- Senator Marco Rubio to deliver Republican response to State of the Union address
- Bill requires all Idaho kids to read “Atlas Shrugged”
- American Crossroads goes after Ashley Judd with 10k ad