The NRA finally broke their week-long silence after the shooting massacre at Sandy Hook elementary school, and its executive vice president called on immediate action from Congress to require more armed police officers in all schools. “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” said Wayne LaPierre. The NRA plans to deploy a National School Shield Porgram, by which he means “armed security.” LaPierre also blamed video games and Hollywood for perpetuating a gun culture in America. Here is the full transcript of LaPierre’s speech.
- President Obama to announce Senator Kerry as the next Secretary of State
- Video response from Obama: ‘We hear you’ on guns
- Boehner on fiscal path forward: ‘God only knows’
- Gun background checks miss millions of mentally ill
- Mark Sanford plans to run for Congress again
- While NRA held its presser, another shooting in Pennsylvania occurred