The GOP establishment is officially trying to take back the reigns from fringe members of its party. Karl Rove and his allies launched a new initiative, the Conservative Victory Project, to help recruit establishment Republicans and fend off Senate primary challenges from Tea Party candidates.
Here’s a look at other stories that caught our eye. Tune in at 10pm ET for the latest edition of The Last Word:
- Karl Rove, Tea Party in GOP civil war
- Top donors to Republicans seek more say in Senate Races
- Tagg, you’re it for GOP Senate hopes
- Super Bowl 2013: Bloomberg-founded mayors’ group sponsors gun-control ad
- NRA’s latest claim: Obama will take your rifle, shotgun, handgun
- Teen activist shot by the Taliban addresses the world in new video
- The NFL’s problems in one accidentally revealing new ad
- Could a super grid have prevented the Super Bowl blackout?