Intelligence sources told NBC News that the electronic communication they intercepted between al Qaeda leaders mentioned a desire “to do something big” this past Sunday–the 27th day of the Muslim holy month Ramadan.
We’ll have the latest details and analysis at 10pm ET. Here’s a look at the headlines shaping tonight’s rundown:
- Al Qaeda leaders ‘wanted to do something big’ on Muslim holiday, sources say
- State Department: Posts in 19 countries to remain closed amid terror threat
- What is Chris Christie doing right?
- Slate: Chris Christie’s legal position on gay marriage is pure nonsense
- Travis Reginald: Reflections on the road to Yale
- Justin Porter: Reflections on the road to Harvard
- McConnell, Grimes tee off in Kentucky Senate race
- GOP governors warn party members in Congress not to shut down government
- Texas State Senator Wendy Davis may run for governor