Happy New Year from all of us here at The Last Word to you. Politics got off to a bumpy start in 2013, with the House passing the Senate’s bill to avert the fiscal cliff late Tuesday night. But, the showdown isn’t over yet. In a few weeks, lawmakers will be forced to revisit the issue of spending cuts and the debt ceiling.
Lawrence O’Donnell is back in the anchor chair tonight at 10pm ET. Here’s a look at stories the LW staff enjoyed reading this afternoon.
- The fiscal cliff deal that almost wasn’t
- The GOP’s failed ‘Plan O’: Inside the Fiscal-Cliff saga
- GOP in disarray after fiscal fight
- Republicans in Sandy-hit areas blast House GOP for delay on relief
- Fiscal cliff deal does little to tame threats from debt ceiling, high unemployment rates