Vice President Biden kicked off a series of meetings on Wednesday aimed at finding legislative solutions to curb gun violence. He said lawmakers must ”take immediate action” following the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Today, he meets with gun safety and gun victims’ organizations. On Thursday, he’ll meet with the NRA and other gun advocacy groups.
Here’s a look at stories shaping tonight’s rundown. Did we miss anything? Tell us what headlines stand out to you this afternoon.
- Vice President Biden’s gun violence listening sessions begin
- After Newtown, Congress must act on guns, Nancy Pelosi says
- Jon Stewart takes on gun control
- Chris Christie: Gun control measures must be part of wider debate
- Report: Obama expected to name Jack Lew to Treasury Thursday
- Jack Lew’s terrible signature may grace dollar bills now
- Mitch McConnell takes a hit from the right
- Who should take over John Kerry’s Massachusetts Senate seat?