Chris Hayes will be sitting in the anchor chair tonight. Here’s a look at headlines shaping tonight’s rundown.
- Defiant Gadhafi vows to keep fighting, journalists freed.
- Rebuilding the poor oil-rich country of Libya
- Jeb Bush to Republican candidates: ‘You can’t just be against the president’
- George Pataki briefly publishes vice-presidential campaign website
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel tops the Forbes ‘Most Powerful Women’ list
- Norman Rockwell painting sends rare White House message on race
More Like This
Best of MSNBC
First Word: August 24, 2011