- Protests in Wisconsin grew as 70,000 participated over the weekend. The Capitol stayed open last night, but no additional protesters are being allowed in.
- Fox News makes those protests seem violent when one of their reporters claims he was hit and interviews a GOP activist posing as a “concerned parent”.
- GOP Governors of other states join the WI labor debate. The Governor of Maine, Paul LePage, publicly goes after “right-to-work” in his state. Others, like Jan Brewer say the WI-14 are “despicable”, and Nikki Haley says the Dems should be thrown out of office. Meanwhile, Chris Christie denounces collective bargaining rights and supports Walker’s actions.
- Walker isn’t changing anything despite concessions offered by unions. He’ll give his budget speech tomorrow during this budget stalemate.
- Anti-Walker sentiment grows stronger with a new ad - the harshest one yet. The former Wisconsin Attorney General points out at least 3 instances in “The Walker Tapes” that are cause for legal concern. Even his biggest supporters are distancing themselves – “anonymous” takes down their pro-Walker ad from “Americans for Prosperity.
More Like This
Best of MSNBC
What's in Ed's Head: 2/28/11