Everything other than Anthony Weiner’s genitalia is underbuzzed today, and I missed the last two days, so I wanna try to get a few extra in today:
- Michigan Governor Rick Snyder wants to do away with local government. Tea Party, are you listening? Is big government/big brother okay at the state level?
- A new poll shows Romney’s solidly in the lead, but check out Herman Cain’s standing. Wow. Third place. SECOND place if you only count declared candidates.
- The Chinese are building their first aircraft carrier. It’ll be interesting to see what they want to do with it. Other than carry aircraft.
- Theocracy on the March: The LA House okays Ten Commandments at statehouse. I assume this will die either legislatively or judicially, but it’s still a good reminder that a lot of the right wing in this country love the Bible more than they do the Constitution. Or Ayn Rand, for that matter. And let’s not forget Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) telling America that Jesus is the only path to solving America’s problems. Wonder what Thomas Jefferson would have to say about that.
- In case anyone’s wondering whether Wall Street really is willing to collude to fix markets (IS anyone still wondering that?) then the conclusion of a new academic paper oughtta be of interest. Looks like they’ve been setting fees for IPOs at 7%. Meaning: ALL of them charge the same amount for bringing private companies public. And here I thought they loved the free market.
- Jon Huntsman freaked out conservatives by speaking a foreign language. Chinese, of all things.
- This one really should have got more attention: Glenn Greenwald utterly humiliated and exposed the Washington Post with an epic flensing in which he stripped away all pretense that they espouse equal justice for all. If you’re rich, you deserve mercy. Otherwise, it’s into the hole for you.
What’ve you got that’s underbuzzed? Let us know in the comments.
Follow Senior Producer Jonathan Larsen (@jtlarsen) on Twitter