No one big story driving the day today. Lots of important ones falling by the wayside, though. I’ve got a handful here – share yours in the comments.
- Next time someone tells you that Republicans are better for business or that Democrats hate business, show them this chart.
- The deal that seems to be emerging from Washington would involve sparing the elderly the consequences of where their generation has left this country – and making the younger poor pay for it.
- The right wing is yet again blaming Pres. Obama for high gas taxes; they claim he wants prices high. The big lie here is being told by the head of Americans For Prosperity, which is bankrolled by the Koch brothers, who as ThinkProgress has documented, not only helped open up the oil markets for speculators to start jacking the price up, they’re the ones profiting from it.
- The real voter fraud isn’t some individual schlub trying to vote illegitimately. It’s wholesale suppression of the vote. That is real, and it’s a signature move of today’s Republican Party.
- About one out of five voters won’t vote for a Mormon. Is this intolerance? Or is it an expression of tolerance for those people of whom the Mormon Church is intolerant? Or both? Or something else?
That’s what I’ve got. Share your own Underbuzzed stories in the comments…
Follow Senior Producer Jonathan Larsen (@jtlarsen) on Twitter