Got a story that needs attention? Post it in the comments. Here are some of mine.
- Glenn Greenwald makes the always-welcome point that bipartisanship for bipartisanship’s sake is bad. And now it’s giving us another extension of some of the worst provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act. A Dem in the White House doesn’t make it right.
- Food prices pose a growing threat to US national security. And what’s one of the driving forces behind food prices? Yep–deregulated speculation in commodity futures.
- Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) thinks individual seniors can somehow force health-insurance companies into line…when even the families of Iraqi translators slain helping US troops have been stiffed.
- Maybe Justice Scalia’s narrow reading of the First Amendment isn’t all bad, if you think limiting the rights of people who claim a religious prerogative to mutilate infant genitalia justifies saving baby boys from circumcision.
- The MI Dept. of Corrections raises a red flag over the dangers of privatizing its food services. Do we really need more examples of why adding a profit motive to the functions of government is a bad idea?
More Like This
Best of MSNBC