A lot of stories have fallen by the wayside in all the post-morteming on NY-26. Here’s a few of them:
- The GOP is now looking to start kicking people off Medicaid, too. Because the Medicare thing’s working out so well.
- Health-care reform is already saving seniors and the disabled hundreds of dollars a year.
- VP Biden says an increase in tax revenue must be part of the deal. Here’s the thing to worry about with the increasing focus on raising tax revenues without raising tax rates. The only way to do that is to start closing loopholes (deductions, credits, exemptions, etc.). Now, who thinks that burden will fall disproportionately on the rich?
- Did Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) break the law with his pay threat to Interior Sec. Ken Salazar? Hard to imagine a fine, upstanding, law-and-order, um…
- And, because I’m a comic-book geek: Marvel cancels Schwarzenegger’s comic book and cartoon show.
More Like This
Best of MSNBC