BREAKING: Barack Obama broke a Twitter “political moment” record as he spoke at the Democratic National Convention tonight, according to the company.
That compares to a TPM peak of:
- 28,003 for First Lady Michelle Obama
- 22,087 for former President Bill Clinton
- 14,289 for GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney
- 8,937 for Sen. Marco Rubio
- 7,044 for Clint Eastwood
- 6,669 for GOP vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan
- 6,195 for Ann Romney
- 6,079 for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie
- 3,961 for former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
- 1,906 for former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee
- 1,708 for Sen. John McCain
Overall, the DNC generated 9 million tweets per minute vs. 3 million for the RNC.