Fox News treats the government shutdown lightly, calling it a “slimdown” and providing cover to their fringe friends in Congress who have caused this mess.
Tonight on The Ed Show at 5pET (4pCT/3pMT/2pPT), live from New York on MSNBC, Ed Schultz looks at who is hurting from the shutdown while the folks at Fox News and GOP members of Congress continue getting paid.
He’ll also preview this afternoon’s meeting between President Obama and congressional leaders, set to begin at 5:30pET, midway through the program. And of course, Ed will answer your questions.
Here’s tonight’s guest list:
- Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, (D-FL) Chair of the Democratic National Committee
- John Fugelsang, liberal commentator and comedian
- Former Rep. Tom Perriello (D-VA)
- Bob Shrum, a Senior Fellow at New York University’s Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, contributor for The Daily Beast
- Brad Woodhouse, President, American United for Change and former Democratic Party Communications Director
- Larry Cohen, President of the Communications Workers of America
It’s going to be yet another blockbuster edition of @edshow today at 5pET on @msnbc!! Join the conversation now or during the show by commenting on Facebook and/or tweeting (with the #edshow hashtag) so we can share your thoughts on the show. The @TweetTron9 is powering up the circuits to put yer tweets on the teevee!!