A half century after Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., gave his historic “I Have a Dream” speech from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, an estimated 100,000 Americans celebrate King’s legacy and the progress we’ve made over the past half-century.
But with voting rights and public education under attack and disturbing stories of racism becoming more common, they are also demanding jobs and justice.
Tonight on the new weekday The Ed Show at 5pET (4pCT/3pMT/2pPT) live from New York on MSNBC, Ed talks with the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who recently said: “The Tea Party is the resurrection of the Confederacy, it’s the Fort Sumter Tea Party.”
Ed also continues the fight for Dr. King’s dream for access to education and looks at why South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley’s re-election launch was such a flop. And of course, Ed answers your questions!
Here’s tonight’s guest list:
- Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr., President, Rainbow/PUSH Coalition
- Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO)
- Richard Franklin, President, Birmingham AFT
- Joy Reid, Managing Editor of TheGrio.com, MSNBC Contributor
- E.J. Dionne, Washington Post Columnist, MSNBC Contributor
- Michael Eric Dyson, Professor of Sociology at Georgetown university and author of “Can You Hear Me Now?”
- Tyler Jones, Democratic Strategiest
The @TweetTron9 is powering up the circuits to put yer tweets on the teevee.