Yes, we’ve made great progress on civil rights since March on Washington 50 years ago, but if you think racism is dead in America, you are dead wrong.
Tonight on the new weekday The Ed Show at 5pET (4pCT/3pMT/2pPT) live from New York on MSNBC, Ed shows us the first highlights from Ed’s town hall meeting in red state Alabama and looks at the disturbing news of a plan to create a white racist utopia in North Dakota.
Ed also follows the GOP’s “defunding Obamacare” bus tour, looks at the tough choices we face in Syria, tears apart Sarah Palin’s definition of “hard work” and previews a major strike by fast food workers. And of course, Ed answers your questions!
Here’s tonight’s guest list:
- Hilary Shelton, Director, NAACP Washington Bureau
- Ohio Sen. Nina Turner (D-Cleveland), candidate for Secretary of State
- Dr. Zeke Emanuel, MSNBC Contributor and Vice Provost for Global Initiatives, University of Pennsylvania
- Col. Jack Jacobs, Medal of Honor Recipient and MSNBC Military Analyst
- Robert Greenwald, Director, Brave New Films
- Mary Kay Henry, President, Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
The @TweetTron9 is powering up the circuits to put yer tweets on the teevee.