President Obama is pushing harder than ever for a strike against Syria, announcing he plans to address the nation on Tuesday night. But 59 percent of Americans are opposed to a strike. Will the president and Congress defy the will of the American people?
Tonight on the new weekday The Ed Show at 5pET (4pCT/3pMT/2pPT) live from New York on MSNBC, Ed sets the table for next week’s debate, checks the pulse of the progressive base and calls out a top Republican lawmaker for rewriting history.
He’ll also talk to the mayor who’s marketing his city as a gay marriage destination and previews next week’s AFL-CIO convention in California. And of course, Ed will answer your questons! Here’s tonight’s guest list:
- Katrina Vanden Heuvel, Editor and Publisher of The Nation
- Mayor R.T. Rybak (D-Minneapolis)
- Jack Rice, fmr. CIA Agent, radio talk show host
- Bill Press, nationally syndicated radio talk show host
- Mike Papantonio, host of “Ring of Fire Radio”
- Richard Trumka, AFL-CIO President
It’s going to be yet another blockbuster edition of @edshow today at 5pET on @msnbc!! Join the conversation now or during the show by commenting on Facebook and/or tweeting (with the #edshow hashtag) so we can share your thoughts on the show. The @TweetTron9 is powering up the circuits to put yer tweets on the teevee.