Today’s edition of quick hits:
* How to match a headline with a photo:
* Syria: “The Syrian government on Tuesday brushed aside a stern castigation from the top United Nations human rights official about its deadly attacks on civilians, calling her assessment propaganda as Syria’s military resumed what one activist described as the ‘brutal shelling’ of the city of Homs.”
* Bangkok: “Israel renewed its accusations against Iran on Tuesday after a man identified as an Iranian national was involved in a string of explosions in Bangkok. The blasts came a day after bombers targeted Israeli diplomats in two incidents in India and Georgia.”
* There are rumors of a breakthrough deal on the payroll tax break and related issues, and an announcement may come as early as tonight. I’ll have more on this in the morning.
* Republicans in Virginia’s House of Delegates passed some brutal culture-war measures today. Tune in to tonight’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” for more on this story.
* Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, believes the Justice Department is guilty of “bias” if its civil rights division hires attorneys with experience working for civil rights organizations. Seriously.
* And once conservatives equate contraception coverage with mandatory pork consumption, they’ve officially lost the larger argument.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.