Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that won’t necessarily generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* It’s obviously late in the game for new ads, but the National Jewish Democratic Council released a video the other day featuring Barbra Streisand urging Jewish voters to support President Obama. It comes on the heels of an endorsement from Israel’s Haaretz newspaper, who calls Obama “good for Israel.”
* PPP’s final Ohio poll shows Obama leading Mitt Romney by five, 52% to 47%.
* PPP’s final Florida poll shows Obama up by one, 50% to 49%.
* PPP’s final Colorado poll shows Obama ahead by six, 52% to 46%.
* PPP’s final North Carolina poll shows the candidates tied at 49% each.
* In Connecticut, Republican Senate hopeful Linda McMahon is using materials that make it appear she and the president are on the same side, hoping voters forget which party’s she’s in.
* In Missouri, PPP’s final poll shows Sen. Claire McCaskill (D) ahead of Todd Akin (R), 48% to 44%.