The public skepticism about Chernobyl as a tourist destination can be blamed on only one thing: bad marketing. But the way I see it, the post-nuclear-explosion tourist industry lies virtually untapped - a tabula rasa just waiting for a visionary with a ruble and a dream. So I’ve been working on some more effective slogans to help motivate the marketplace. We need something scintillating to stoke in the traveling class a burning desire to give fallout-tourism a try. Something like:
- Chernobyl–Where the 80’s Live On
- Visit Chernobyl: Feel better about where “you” live
- Visit Chernobyl. We dare you. What’s the matter tough guy, can’t handle a little radiation?
- Chernobyl—Where Goths Look Extra Bleak!
- Chernobyl–We Broke It In For You
- Hate Government Regulation? You’ll Love Chernobyl!
- Chernobyl–The Vacation Mutation Celebration!
- Chernobyl-Have The Time Of Your Half Life!
- Chernobyl–A Geiger Encounter
- Hot, Hotter, Chernobyl!
More Like This
Best of MSNBC
Giving Chernobyl a new glow