Today’s installment of campaign-related news items from across the country.
* In Kentucky’s gubernatorial race, Matt Bevin (R) may seem like a ridiculous candidate, but a new Mason-Dixon poll shows him trailing state Attorney General Jack Conway (D) by just two points, 43% to 41%.
* Obviously, this is the right call: “The super PAC working to draft Joe Biden into the 2016 presidential race will not air the emotional 90-second ad they produced this week after the vice president expressed disapproval through an aide.”
* Ben Carson, whose bizarre ideas are increasingly alarming, believes Nazi gun control was responsible for the Holocaust.
* On a related note, when the Anti-Defamation League explained that Carson’s argument is plainly inaccurate, Carson said the ADL’s reference to reality was “total foolishness.”
* Among California Republicans, the new Field Poll shows Donald Trump leading the presidential field with 17%. Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina, meanwhile, are right behind him, at 15% and 13%., respectively.
* Speaking of Fiorina, the inexperienced GOP candidate continues to slowly pick up congressional endorsements. Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (R) of Nebraska threw his support to Fiorina this week.
* And in New Jersey, the Newark Star-Ledger’s editorial board continues to take issue with Gov. Chris Christie’s (R) dubious claims. “This governor lies like the rest of us brush our teeth, as a matter of routine,” the newspaper said this week.
More Like This
Best of MSNBC
Friday's Campaign Round-Up, 10.9.15