Today's installment of campaign-related news items from across the country.
* In Montana's congressional special election, which is today, Republican Greg Gianforte said he'd publicly take a position
on his party's far-right health care plan once the Congressional Budget Office's score came out. Last night, however, when asked about the CBO report, Gianforte sent the inquiring reporter to the hospital.
* On a related note, Donald Trump recorded a newly released robocall in support of Gianforte, describing him as a "wonderful guy
* In a new Fox News poll, Trump's approval rating is down to 40
%, dropping five points since last month's poll. His disapproval rating is now up to 53%, climbing five points since April.
* Speaking of polling, the latest Quinnipiac poll shows the president's approval rating down to 37%
. The same survey found that a 54% majority believe Trump is abusing the powers of his office.
* Mike Pence headlined a political rally
in Louisiana yesterday and touted the White House's far-right budget.
* Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), apparently worried about his political standing, has agreed to host a local event
on June 5, but only "a select group of constituents" have received invitations, and these guests have been provided with "a special promotional code" to obtain tickets. read more