Today’s NY Post cover says it all: The Rich Get Richer. After hearing about 3 members of the 1% winning a quarter of a billion dollars in a lottery, we want to know - what is this nation’s economic reality?? In addition to these lucky Powerball winners, take a look at some other morning headlines:
- A Facebook IPO could make Zuckerberg worth $24 billion!
- Shoppers yesterday rung up sales that jumped double-digits from last year.
- Public sector layoffs continue to hit middle-class blacks hardest
- Europe’s financial crisis is at a tipping point, with the chances of a worldwide recession growing by the day.
- Plus: “Squeezed Middle” is the word of the year. And all of this inequality, even has Lawrence Summers concerned.
What is our economic reality?? Is this inequality finally reaching a tipping point? What does the growing gap between the rich and the poor really mean? Will the Democrats dig in and use all of this to push for a tax cut supported by America’s Millionaires?
Lots to talk about today – see you at 12pm!