Among those celebrating the Fourth of July this week were Gov. Mitt Romney and 30 members of his family, who traveled to New Hampshire for their annual getaway. On Monday, Romney and his wife Ann were spotted riding a jet ski at their family vacation home in New Hampshire, but the fun didn’t stop there. According to The Washington Post, the clan participated in the annual Romney Olympics – with competitions ranging from a mini-triathlon, to seeing who could hammer the most nails into a plank of wood in two minutes, a feat the NOW panel attempted to re-create on Tuesday.
But the fun doesn’t have to stop there! If we had more time on the air, the NOW team could easily set up our own games, a la the Romney Olympics. Here are a few sample events:
The First Annual (Behind-the-Scenes) NOW Olympics
- The interns’ fastest Starbucks run
- NOW Producer Triathlon – Self-explanatory. (The interns have already placed bets on which producer would win.)
- The most practical and impressive way to open the door before rundown meetings.
- Egg and Spoon race – Where the eggs are replaced with Peeps.
- Intern Obstacle Course – Run papers from the printer to the control room as fast as possible.
- Matching Mondays – Take a page out of the Romney handbook and coordinate team outfits every week – the Romney girls all wore matching orange and polka-dotted dresses last year.