Join MSNBC’s Craig Melvin Friday as he chats with educators across the country who are embracing the ideals of Martin Luther King Jr.’s dream in their daily lives.
Watch the Google+ Hangout live here at 2:00 p.m. ET, and send in your questions for the participants with #advancingthedream.
Joining Melvin are:
- Claudia Cogliser, associate professor of management at the Rawls College of Business, Texas Tech University
- Maurice D. Carter, director of the “Call Me Mister” program at Longwood University
- Andrea Scarpino, faculty member at Union Institute & University, MLK Studies Ph.D. program (founded by Dr. Nancy Boxill)
- Ray Jordan, student at Union Institute & University, MLK Studies Ph.D. program (founded by Dr. Nancy Boxill)
- Imhotep Coleman, founder of Urban Scholar Athletes
MSNBC launched “Advancing The Dream” with Reverend Al Sharpton in July 2013, and since then has received thousands of moving submissions from community members who are making a difference. Of those submissions, these educators are some of the stand-outs.
“Advancing the Dream” is an initiative led by Reverend Al Sharpton to highlight efforts in communities across America to expand fairness, equality, and opportunity. The initiative was launched at the Essence Festival on July 4, continued in Washington, D.C., for the anniversary of the March on Washington on Aug. 23, and concludes at the Apollo Theater Friday, Sept. 6.