Need to catch up on this morning’s news? Here are the top stories you need to know on this Tuesday morning:
- The Des Moines Register, arguably the most influential publication in the early primary state of Iowa, is calling on Donald Trump to drop out of the 2016 presidential race in an editorial published on its website late Monday.
- John Kasich, the governor of Ohio, will become the 16th Republican to officially announce he will be running for president. He will make his statement today at 11:25 a.m. EST.
- A Texas district attorney announced Monday that the probe into the jail cell death of Sandra Bland will be treated as a murder investigation. Video from the Waller County Jail was released Monday night, and dashboard camera footage from the traffic stop that led to Bland’s arrest will be released Tuesday, according to officials
- Rachel Dolezal is back in the spotlight after giving her first interview since the controversy over her race to Vanity Fair. Hear what she’s doing now and what life has been like since she first came into the spotlight over her controversy over allegedly lying about her race.
- American Zach Johnson won the 144th British Open at St. Andrews on Monday, claiming his second major championship overall and his first since winning the Masters in 2007.
And in case you missed it:
A new study suggests poor sleep may increase risk for Alzheimer’s. (Boston Globe)
A McDonald’s employee reveals the fast-food chain’s secret menu on Reddit. (Mashable)
A look at Hillary Clinton’s father and his influence on the former secretary of state and presidential candidate. (New York Times)
Judd Apatow takes on Bill Cosby in a stand-up performance on “The Tonight Show.” (Mashable)