Bill Cosby could face a new deposition in a lawsuit by a woman who claims the actor molested her at the Playboy Mansion in 1974, when she was 15 years old.
The California Supreme Court without comment Wednesday rejected Cosby’s petition to review earlier rulings in the suit filed by Judy Huth, which Cosby’s lawyers argued were based on procedural errors.
A deposition scheduled for last month has been on hold pending Cosby’s petition. With that out of the way, Huth’s attorney, Gloria Allred, said Wednesday that she would seek to question Cosby “as soon as possible within the next 30 days.”
The alleged irregularities occurred when Huth’s previous attorney filed the suit, Allred said, after which “Ms. Huth subsequently changed attorneys and engaged our firm to represent her.”
“We are looking forward to Mr. Cosby answering questions under oath at his deposition and we will continue to seek justice for our courageous client, Judy Huth,” Allred said.
The Los Angeles County district attorney’s office declined to bring criminal charges after Huth made her allegations in December, saying the statute of limitations had long ago expired. Cosby has countersued Huth, accusing her of extortion.
Cosby said under oath in a 2005-06 deposition that he obtained drugs that he intended to give to women he wanted to have sex with — a revelation that followed years of accusations by more than two dozen women that they were his victims.
Cosby has never been criminally charged, and his representatives have repeatedly denied the allegations of sexual assault.
This article first appeared on NBCNews.com.