Another man jumps over White House fence


Another man jumped the fence at the White House on Wednesday, getting as far as 20-25 yards from the fence before he was tackled by officers and dogs, a federal official confirmed to NBC News.

At approximately 7:16 p.m. EST, a man identified by the Secret Service as 23-year-old Dominic Adesanya of Bel Air, Maryland, climbed the north fence-line of the White House. He was immediately taken into custody on the North Lawn. 

Adesanya sustained dog bites on his arms, back, chest, and knee. He’s been charged with two counts of felony assault on a Secret Service dogs, four counts of resisting arrest and unlawful entry (misdemeanor charges) and one count of making threats (a felony charge.)

By Thursday morning, Adesanya was released from the hospital and two Secret Service dogs, named Hurricane and Jordan, who had been taken the veterinarian after the scuffle, had been cleared by the veterinarian to return to work as well.

RELATED: Accused White House intruder slapped with new charges

A different man also jumped the White House fence last month, embarrassing the Secret Service and prompting the resignation of the agency’s director.

Morning Joe , 9/30/14, 7:02 AM ET

'What if 12 people jumped over the fence?'

The director of the Secret Service is scheduled to testify Tuesday at a congressional hearing on the recent White House intruder. Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, joins Morning Joe to discuss how the jumper was able to get as far as he did.
Forty-two-year-old Omar Gonzalez allegedly dashed through the front lawn of the White House on Sept. 19 making his way past security guards before he was eventually tackled just outside the Green Room. The first family was not present at the time of the intrusion. A federal grand jury in Washington, D.C., hit Gonzalez with three new charges last week, including two counts for assaulting an officer and one for carrying a large-capacity magazine. 

The intruder incident placed the Secret Service at the center of a firestorm of criticism in failing to stop Gonzalez before he barreled his way deep into the White House. The agency’s director, Julie Pierson, resigned over the incident on Oct. 1.

Gonzalez pleaded not guilty to all charges from a previous indictment earlier this month for unlawfully entering a restricted building, unlawful possession of ammunition and carrying a deadly weapon. Authorities found hundreds of rounds of ammunition in Gonzalez’s car shortly after his arrest, in addition to two hatchets and a machete.

RELATED: Secret Service Director Julia Pierson resigns

He is due to appear in court on Oct. 21 and faces up to 15 years in prison. As of Wednesday evening, charges against Adesanya are pending.

Additional reporting by Amanda Sakuma

Secret Service and White House

Another man jumps over White House fence