1. Election returns! We’ll be paying close attention to these races:
- Virginia Gubernatorial race between Tea Party candidate Ken Cuccinelli and Terry McAuliffe. Cuccinelli has made national news for his stance on abortion.
- New York City’s Mayoral race between Joe Lhota and Bill de Blasio.
- The congressional runoff in Alabama between Tea Partier Dean Young and center-right candidate Bradley Byrne. Last week Young told the Guardian he believed the President was probably born in Kenya.
- Governor Chris Christie is running against Barbra Buono to hold onto his seat in New Jersey. A Quinnipiac poll released Monday has the Governor ahead 33 points.
2. Ballot initiatives! We’ll be paying close attention to these:
- Colorado’s proposed $1 billion tax increase to fund education
- New Jersey voters decide on whether or not to raise minimum wage from $7.25 to $8.25
3. Chris’ Commentary: Real change requires disruption.
4. On Tuesday, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford admitted to using crack cocaine. Ford has not resigned.
5. Election results!
- Alex Wagner, MSNBC host
- Kelly O’Donnell, NBC reporter
- Steve Kornacki, MSNBC host
- Virginia Sen. Mark Warner
- Tsedeye Gebreselassie, Staff Attorney, National Employment Law Project
- Dave Sirota, Journalist
- John Nichols, Washington Correspondent for the Nation
- Fmr. New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman