The election is over, the spinning has begun, but it’s Friday, so treat yourself: “Skyfall” and “Lincoln” are getting great reviews.
- Election night at Romney HQ and both Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan were genuinely “shellshocked” to discover that they had lost. This from Paul Ryan, wonky “numbers guy.” (CBS News)
- One volunteer’s story of how Romney’s get-out-the-vote plan was a disaster of epic proportions. (Ace of Spades)
- More detail about Romney’s Charlie Foxtrot of a get-out-the-vote plan: (Burns & Haberman)
- Sean Hannity has “evolved” on immigration. (Dylan Byers).
- However, Rush Limbaugh says, “We don’t have a demography problem, but the Republican Party today is convinced that they do.” (Rush Limbaugh)
- but they may both miss the point: It’s not the demographics, it’s the message. (Gawker)
- Ditto, Obama pollster Joel Benenson. (The New York Times)
- Our Chutzpah of the Week Award goes to Karl Rove who says Obama won by “suppressing the vote”. (Mother Jones)
- A detailed examination of how Karl Rove and his outside spending groups flushed $175 million down the toilet. (OpenSecrets)
- One of the most under-reported numbers from Tuesday’s election? Exit polls show President Obama with a 54% job approval rating. (National Review)
More Like This
Best of MSNBC
Top Links: Romney in denial, his campaign’s epic fail, and the Chutzpah of the Week Award