Top story: We only ask because one hint of an Obama immigration plan has upset Republicans something terrible.
- Here’s the “leaked” story about Obama’s backup plan for an immigration plan that started it all. (USA Today)
- “It would further expand immigration enforcement and require businesses to check the immigration status of new hires within four years. It would also create a two-step process for full legalization.” (The Plum Line)
- And cue Marco Rubio: “Rubio called leaked Obama immigration bill ‘dead on arrival,’ White House official calls leak ‘unfortunate’” (NBC Latino)
- Preach it, brother Gingrich: “Gingrich admits Republicans won’t pass Obama’s immigration reform plan because they just don’t like him.” (Political Wire)
- Never mind this: “President Barack Obama said the U.S. economy is “stifled” by an inefficient immigration system and that a consensus is forming in Congress that may lead to a rewritten law in the next few months.” (Bloomberg)
- Apparently, there’s this meme that Congress couldn’t tie its shoelaces let alone pass meaningful immigration reform, which has the president worried. And that has Republicans deeply upset. (Fox News)
- “Saying that it’s going to take eight years to become a citizen is about the farthest thing I can think of from amnesty,” says the justifiably frustrated Fox News analyst. (Mediaite)
- Oh, and here’s that “map the brain” story we used as a lure to entice you read our snarky comments about the conservative reaction to Obama’s immigration plan. Read it. It’s quite fascinating. #Science (The New York Times)
More Like This
Best of MSNBC
Top Links: Obama wants to map the human brain. So are Republicans now against brains?