This time is different.
- “Advocates of gun control say the shootings at an elementary school in Newtown might be different for two reasons: the victims were children, eliciting a gut-wrenching response across the country, and the National Rifle Association proved to be a political paper tiger in the 2012 election.” (The Caucus)
- President Obama: “No single law or set of laws can eliminate evil from the world… but that can’t be an excuse for inaction.” (Political Wire)
- The weapon of choice among mass murderers: the AR-15 (The New York Times)
- And what has the NRA had to say since Friday’s shooting n Newton? Nothing. (ABC News)
- In fact, its Facebook page disappeared after the attack. (Business Insider)
- Even Drudge gets it. (Andrew Kaczynski)
- Let’s just all agree that Rep. Louis Gohmert, R-Texas, is a, well, it rhymes with bass-poll. (Slate)
- ”Louie Gohmert being one of only Rs willing to talk guns on Sunday TV is much more politically significant than what he said” (Jonathan Martin)
- Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, R-Washington, a member of the House Republican leadership had the gall to say, ““I think we have to be careful about new, suggesting new gun laws.” (2 Chambers)
- We are the most heavily armed nation, per capita, in the world. (CNN)
- If you haven’t already, read “I am Adam Lanza’s Mother” – because this story is also about parents who have children with mental illness. (Liza Long)
- So what does President Obama’s explicit call to action on gun control actually mean? (First Read)
- A starting point for what “meaningful action” on gun control looks like. (Wonkblog)
- The NRA once supported gun control. No, you read that right. “The NRA once supported gun control.” (Speakeasy)
- “Four adults killed in Benghazi and right wing politicizes it endlessly. Twenty kids slaughtered in CT and right wing tells us to shut up.” (Roger Simon)
- “I grew up on an Oregon farm where guns were a part of life; and my dad gave me a .22 rifle for my 12th birthday. I understand: shooting is fun! But so is driving, and we accept that we must wear seat belts, use headlights at night, and fill out forms to buy a car. Why can’t we be equally adult about regulating guns?” (Nicholas Kristof)
- “Prohibition outlived its usefulness and did more harm than good. There was no “national discussion” - just a shoving aside of the old guard.” (Reformed Broker)
- And, please, don’t miss “Saturday Night Live“ ‘s cold open. Moving.
Some content was stripped by our security filters, but is should be possible for one of your Editors to embed the content for you.
More Like This
Best of msnbc
Top Links: Gun control in America