The “Crossroads of the World” – that’s what will be unveiled in Times Square in New York City Tuesday night: it’s the biggest, most expensive billboard ever!
It’s making headlines, but it’s definitely not the first one to do so…
- President Obama: he’s used to being in political ads, but what about fashion ads? The jacket brand Weatherproof caused a stir when they used his image in Times Square back in 2010 without his permission.
- Let’s talk football and “America’s team,” the Dallas Cowboys: owner Jerry Jones went “World Record big” with a video board in 2009 at the new stadium. During the debut preseason game, a punt hit the 2,100-inch screen!
- A Times Square throwback: this ad for Camel Cigarettes in 1943…it was literally smoking!
- In Mead, Nebraska, there’s an entire barn known as the “billboard building.”
- Finally, let’s bring it back to Miami and the famous Coppertone Girl ad made in 1958: here she is at its third location, reminding us all down in the Sunshine State to wear our sunscreen!