We all know the saying: “age is but a number.” According to a new study out of the London School of Economics, age could also play a role in how happy you are.
- We are at our happiest at ages 23 and 69
- 20-somethings overestimate their future happiness by 10%
- Happiness dips down to its lowest points in our mid-50’s
- 68-year-olds underestimate their future happiness by 4.5%
- The author of the study says the roller coaster of happiness is driven by unmet aspirations felt in midlife, but abandoned later on