While the First Family enjoys some time off in Martha’s Vineyard, Politico took a look at Presidential summer homes. Interestingly, the Republicans all own, the Democrats rent.
- The Reagans’ California ranch sold for $5 million in 1998.
- The main home at George H.W. Bush’s family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, is worth an estimated $8 million.
- The Clintons spent two summers at Steven Spielberg’s East Hampton home estimated at $45 million.
- George W. Bush bought his Crawford, Texas ranch in 1999 for just over a million.
- The Obamas are staying at a $7.6 million estate in Martha’s Vineyard.
More Like This
Best of MSNBC
Chris' List: Presidential vacation homes