Blockbuster budgets aren’t just for movies anymore! CNBC tallied up the TV programs that went through the roof on talent, location, special effects and more. Here’s what they found:
- “Band of Brothers” - $110 million for 10 episodes
- “Boardwalk Empire” - $18 million just for the pilot
- “Friends” - $1 million per actor per episode after the show became popular
- “Lost” - $10-14 million for the pilot
- “The X Factor” - Simon Cowell says the budget is $100 million
Check out all of CNBC’s findings here.