The amount of money CEOs make has never been higher. The Associated Press did an analysis of data from Equilar, an executive pay research firm.
- The median CEO pay in 2012 was $9.7 million.
- That’s up 6.5% from the previous year.
- The highest paid CEO is Les Moonves from CBS with $60.3 million.
- The median pay for female CEOs was actually higher than it was for men with $11.2 million.
- Men averaged $9.6 million.
- Health care CEOs are the highest paid at $11.1 million.
More Like This
Best of MSNBC
Chris' List: CEO Pay