This Presidents Day, the website 247WallSt.com analyzed the net worth of every president in 2010 dollars. Here are the five richest presidents, according to the list:
- 5. The largest landowner in his Virginia county, James Madison is at number five with $101 million
- 4. Andrew Jackson married into wealth. He was worth $119 million.
- 3. Theodore Roosevelt was born into a prominent family and had a trust fund. Net worth: $125 million
- 2. Thomas Jefferson was worth $212 million. His father left him 3,000 acres and several dozen slaves
- 1. And the richest president ever was George Washington at $525 million. His salary was two percent of the U.S. budget in 1789
The only living president on the top 20 list: Bill Clinton, with a net worth of $55 million.