“The Great Democratic Debate,” a special edition of “Hardball with Chris Matthews” assessing two possible but very different political strategies for President Obama’s re-election will broadcast live on Monday, October 3 at 7p.m. ET.
Moderated by Chris Matthews, “The Great Democratic Debate,” will feature a panel of experts, each with divergent opinions in this historic debate, to opine on President Obama’s options to win in 2012 — should President Obama steer to the left or take on more of a centrist approach?
Joining this special edition of “Hardball,” will be a roster of activists, politicians, historians and journalists, including:
• Michael Moore, Documentary Director
• Senator Bernard Sanders (I-VT)
• Fmr. Gov. Ed Rendell (D-PA), NBC News Political Analyst
• Mark Penn, Political Strategist for Fmr. President Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton
• Sam Tanenhaus, The New York Times
• Clarence Page, Chicago Tribune
• Douglas Brinkley, historian and Ronald Reagan biographer
• Joan Walsh, Salon.com Editor-at-Large