Hillary Clinton seems to have a strategy: nobody gets to criticize her. This morning at 9:38 a.m., her communications director put out a statement accusing Sen. Obama of being responsible for “vicious” attacks. The alleged attacks were quotes in a Maureen Dowd column by Hollywood entertainment mogul David Geffen, a former Clinton supporter who is backing Obama. So where’s the vicious?
Geffen said :
- “I think [Republicans] think [Hillary’s] the easiest to defeat.”
- “I don’t think anybody believes that in the last six years, all of a sudden Bill Clinton has become a different person.”
- “It’s not a very big thing to say, ‘I made a mistake’ on the war, and typical of Hillary Clinton that she can’t.”
- “I don’t think that another incredibly polarizing figure, no matter how smart she is and no matter how ambitious she is—and God knows, is there anybody more ambitious than Hillary Clinton? – can bring the country together.”
- “Everybody in politics lies, but [the Clintons] do it with such ease, it’s troubling.”