1. From the corner of the screen to the corner of our hearts. Yesterday, he was nothing more than Senator Ted Cruz's legal aide. Today? He's "corner guy."
2. One could say Miley Cyrus is inspirational…in that she inspires people to re-enact her music videos with adorable animals:
3. It is the number one concern of every New York voter: can a mayoral candidate put together a music video? Naturally, Jimmy McMillan of the "Rent is Too Damn High" party stepped up to the plate.
A former FBI bomb expert has pled guilty in the most recent leak prosecution brought forth by the Obama administration. Donald Sachtleben, who served in the FBI for 25 years before leaving to work as an independent contractor, has admitted to leaking classified information to the Associated Press regarding a failed AQAP (al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula) bomb plot. read more
For Mindy Kaufman, the threat of a government shutdown isn't about Democrats or Republicans. It's about her livelihood.
More than 2,500 miles west of Washington, Kaufman runs Spin and Margie's Desert Hideaway, a five-room bed-and-breakfast near Joshua Tree National Park. If Congress can't pass a budget before September 30, "we would lose reservations within days," she says—right at the beginning of the park's high season.
If the shutdown continues for weeks, she adds, "we would go out of business—absolutely." read more
1. Classic magic trick: cut a person in half and then magically put them back together. Applause! Not-so-classic magic trick: get into an accident with your $400,000 Lamborghini that ends up splitting it in half. No applause. Just tears.
2. If ever you wanted a robot to smile creepily while slowly handing you bottles of water, your wait is over! Meet JAMES, the one armed robot bartender.
3. Batman Dad: The authoritative voice that always works.