1. FoxNews.com anchor Lauren Green interviewed religion scholar Reza Aslan about his new book Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth. In the interview she questions Aslan's intentions "You’re a Muslim, so why did you write a book about the founder of Christianity?" They go on to spar for nearly 10 minutes. Born from their exchange is the amazing #foxnewslitcrit.
2. David Ortiz got a little angry during a game and ruined the dugout phones. Good thing his teammates came back with a solution: can phones read more
Tonight on All In with Chris Hayes: After three months of weekly demonstrations, the final protest against North Carolina's right-wing legislative agenda was held Monday. Led by the NAACP, the "Moral Monday" protesters marked the closing of a momentous legislative session with a march and "Mass Social Justice Interfaith Rally." read more
Strikes involving thousands of fast food workers across seven cities launched Monday in what organizers said could be the biggest labor action in the industry's history.
Hundreds kicked off the demonstrations in New York City Monday with workers starting a 24-hour strike demanding a base wage of $15 per hour and the right to form a union. Over the next four days, similar strikes will occur in St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit, and Milwaukee, as well as Flint, Mich. and Kansas City, Mo. read more
1. The polar ice caps are melting. Footage shows water where ice should be. Sad.
2. Anthony Weiner New Yorker cover.
(Photo: New Yorker)
3. San Diego mayor, Bob Filner says he'll get therapy. Twitter reacts:
"See your sweet ass in a month, San Diego." #filner
— Erin Gloria Ryan (@morninggloria) July 26, 2013
The non-violent activists known as the “Dream Defenders” began occupying the capitol building in Tallahassee, Florida, last Tuesday after the Zimmerman verdict was announced. The group plans to remain there until Governor Rick Scott has met their demand to convene a special session of the legislature to review the controversial Stand Your Ground law. On Friday, the “Dream Defenders” and their supporters gained a prominent supporter when long-time activist Harry Belafonte announced his backing. read more
Speaker of the House John Boehner knows he's got a Steve King problem that just won't go away. Boehner publicly condemned remarks King made about the children of undocumented workers. King took to the House floor to give a bizarre history lesson and... watch