1. A study conducted by robot expert Christoph Bartneck found that Legos are a lot angrier than they once were. The stresses of competing against Street Fighter XXXXXIXXVIIIIX for the attention of young children is enough to make any plastic figure to spiral.
2. Nothing says "mounting tensions in Turkey" better than a musical number performed by the protesters of the Occupy Gezi movement. Members of the group sang "Do You Hear the People Sing?" from the musical Les Miserables on Tuesday. Heartstrings effectively tugged. H/T Buzzfeed.
Thursday, the Supreme Court unanimously ruled that naturally occurring genes cannot be patented. The decision, authored by Justice Clarence Thomas, found that Myriad Genetics--a company known for isolating two human genes that make it easier to determine which women have a higher risk of ovarian and breast cancer--could not patent the genes. read more
State and municipal governments across the country have been strip-mining their school districts in an attempt to defray budget deficits. In Michigan, an entire school district temporarily shut down due to lack of funds, while another fired all of its teachers. In Illinois, Chicago's school board voted to "consolidate" its resources by permanently shuttering 50 schools. read more
1. The guy who invented emoticons (those nifty little pictorial expressions) does not <3 its more advanced cousin, emoji. Read about the hate after the jump. :(
2. David Letterman gets really, very excited by drums:
3. Vine is a social media application that allows you to take funny little videos. The whitehouse is "vining" now. You can check out our creepy Vines too by searching for "Chris Hayes" in the app.