1. Afroduck, whoever that is, broke the world record for fastest lap around Manhattan.
2. Mommy and me drawings prove imagination always wins.
3. Give me liberty! Or give me the Super Bowl Ring back? Senator McCain proves that grown men fighting over jewelry never fails.
Now that the president has gone to Congress for authorization of a military strike in Syria, members of both houses can no longer get away with "asking questions" and second guessing: they have to declare where they stand and vote on it.
So here's where I stand: I don't think we should send missiles into Syria. If I was in Congress I'd vote against it and I think it's a grave mistake that will make a bad situation worse. read more
Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell, facing his toughest election battle in memory, is determined to win the support of female voters. But in order to do that, he'll have to get creative with his record, and hope no one notices the difference.
McConnell, up for re-election next year, is facing threats from both the right and left. If he successfully fights off a Tea Party primary challenge, which is not at all assured, he will face Democratic opponent Alison Lundergan Grimes. The Grimes camp sees an opening hitting the Senate's top Republican for his embrace of anti-woman policies. read more
Since Gov. Rick Snyder was elected in Michigan, he has been hard at work championing conservative legislation. First, he signed an expansive Emergency Manager law which allows un-elected city officials to tear up union contracts and cut public services. Then he helped transform Michigan, an historic union stronghold, into a "right-to-work" state. During the same legislative session, the Michigan legislature passed—and Snyder approved—stringent abortion restrictions. read more
1. A group of dudes known as "How Ridiculous" traveled to Rotterdam to throw a basketball into a hoop...from a height of about 96m. They got it in.
Scandal! Caught playing iPhone game at 3+ hour Senate hearing - worst of all I lost!
— John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) September 3, 2013
3. Putin's artistic interpretation of a "cat from behind"